The Open API Initiative and Capital One are co-hosting a OpenAPI Spec Crash Course as part of the 2016 APISTRAT Conference.
Part I: Introduction to the Open API Specification
This workshop will provide an introduction to the new Open API Format for specifying APIs. The format is the core specification of the Linux Foundation’s Open API Initiative and is the most widely used API definition formation. The workshop will include:
- An overview of the Open API Format and it’s origins in the Swagger specification.
- Details of when, where and how to use the OAI format with speakers covering live examples.
- A high level overview of where the format is headed.
Part II: Deep Dive into the Open API Specification
The second portion of this workshop provides a deep dive into the Open API format for users and those evaluating the format. The format is the core specification of the Linux Foundation’s Open API Initiative and is the most widely used API definition formation. Topics covered in this portion of the workshop include:
- A technical deep dive into the Open API Specification including worked examples.
- An overview of tools and services which use the format.
- A session on the upcoming v3 format and what it is likely to contain.
- Information on how to get involved in the OAI and contribute to the Open API Specification.